SMALL GROUP MATERIAL
- Did you take up the challenge from last week and live one day with Jesus as your #1? If so, how did that work?
Responding to this week, read Colossians 3:1-17
- What stood out to you in this passage?
- Chris spoke about consumption… what consumes most of your time?
- Chris spoke about comparison stealing your joy? Have you ever had a moment online or offline where you experienced that?
- Struggles with image, how others think of us, and/or our social media persona can impact many of us…. What ways can you encourage someone who is struggling with this?
- Pornography (leaders be sensitive with this question). According to statistics from 2016, 90 per cent of boys and 60 per cent of girls have seen porn before the age of 18, with boys seeing porn by the age of 12, on average. What ways do you think youth ministry and your friends can help those who are struggling with porn addictions?
- Chris spoke about our failures not being final, but formative of who who are. He said that we can conquer any failure through putting our trust in Jesus. Where have you seen in your life or a friends life, this to be true?
Chris will be speaking at West Campus – email@example.com
Weekly Challenge (Practical Lesson Application):
Social media journaling and prayer