Week 3 | Sept 29
Rebuilding Means New Faces | You have purpose
Value: Building Servant Leaders
The Main Point: We all have a role to play in rebuilding
The Bible: Ezra 2:68-70
When God’s people returned to the temple after 70 years there were certain roles and responsibilities so that all of God’s people could worship. These included leaders, priests, singers, the gatekeepers, the temple servants, common people and generous givers.
It seems like everyone had a responsibility and a role to play. Tasks that included teaching, worship leading, praying, security, generosity, serving and simply being a normal human being. It looks like God was deliberate in that first group of people that were to be responsible for the culture and direction of God’s people. Can you see yourself in any of these roles?
As you prepare your core of the message using story and questions keep in mind these points:
1. Everyone has a role to play in the worship of God.
2. Everyone has responsibility in building culture.
3. No-one is to small to have influence.
4. Leading requires servant hearts of generosity.
As you think of a call to action or challenge for your listeners, keep in mind these points:
1. Where are you serving God?
2. Do you have a heart that is generous and willing?
3. God seems to have a spot for everyone, where do you want to serve him?