Small Group Questions:
- What comes to mind when you think about practical steps to sharing your faith?
- What stood out to you from what Jay shared? What inspired and challenged you?
- Read Luke 10:25-37
- How does the story of the Good Samaritan connect with what Jay shared in the session?
- Do we define neighbour in our culture differently than Jesus defines neighbour?
- Praying for people by name, getting to know your neighbours, extending an invitation etc. These are all things that you can do. What would it look like to take the next step in any one of these areas as a group or individually?
- Jay made the statement that, “Evangelism moving forward will be mostly worked out and lived out through hospitality.” What do you think about that statement?
- Why do you think meals were such a significant part of Jesus’ ministry?
- Given your own context, what are some practical ways you can get to know your neighbours?
- Are there needs in your group that you can start to meet in a practical way, together?
- As a group, commit to take a step towards sharing your faith. You might find it helpful to write it down: I commit to:___________________
- Invite a friend to Alpha
- Learn the name of a neighbour
- Host a meal at your house with your neighbourhood
- Take a friend to lunch
- Write a note of encouragement to a friend who doesn’t know Jesus
You may want to spend time praying for courage and boldness to share your lives and your faith with others.