Jr High Retreat (Gr 6-8)
Winter Youth Retreat is a Camp Nakamun tradition. The weekend will foster great community, challenge and encourage youth, and most of all, we get to gather together to celebrate Jesus!
When: Jan 6-8, 2023
Registration through Beulah Youth includes transportation to camp and will place you with other Beulah youth and leaders.
What Can I Expect?
The weekend is going to be full of fun activities including games, swimming, sports, and other random craziness. It is also going to be an incredible opportunity for you to experience a closer relationship with God through inspiring messages, dynamic worship, and a personal time of reflection and devotion.
What Should I Bring?
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- One fitted single sheet
- Outdoor/Indoor shoes
- Swimsuit (modest)
- Towels and face cloth
- Soap and Shampoo
- Skates, hockey stick
- WARM CLOTHES for outdoor games and activities meaning; jacket, snow pants, mittens/gloves, winter boots, toque, scarf, extra socks.
- Cell Phones- we encourage youth to unplug for the weekend and the camp is not responsible for lost or stolen phones. You may want to leave it at home. There is no wi-fi service available for campers.
- Please be aware that Nakamun is a peanut-aware facility and asks that we don’t bring snacks that contain peanuts.
Arrival and Departure
- Leave from Beulah West Campus by 5:30PM on Friday. Check in is from 5:00-5:30pm. Park in the East lot and come inside the middle set of doors to get checked in. You can bring your luggage with you. Once everyone has arrived and the luggage makes its way onto the bus we will depart for Nakamun.
- If you will be late arriving to Beulah please call or text 780-716-7226. We can’t guarantee that the bus will be held for latecomers, but if you do get left behind, we can give you directions so you can find your to the camp on your own.
- Eat dinner before you come on Friday; there will be a snack on Friday night, but no dinner.
- We expect to return to church @ 3PM on Sunday.
- Sleigh Rides-The sleigh can only fit 15-20 people per ride and will only be offered on Saturday. The sleigh will be in front of the main lodge every half hour if you want to catch a ride.
- Skating- bring your own gear. Weather permitting.
- Indoor Pool- Remember to bring your own towel and bathing suit. Modest bathing suits; please respect yourself and others. There will be a staff member in the pool during activity times but there will not be a lifeguard on duty.
- Snowshoeing- There will be staff leading a group out on an adventure.
- Cross Country Skiing-Go for a little ski around the property
- Games-Feel free to bring your own board games, card games, etc.
If you have any more questions about the retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to contact your child during the weekend for emergencies, you can call or text Chris (780) 243-3369.
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org